Spring is the perfect time of year to include a healthy weight loss shake into your diet. It is the time of year when the first fruits and vegetables make their first appearance of the season and start the countdown to those warmer summer months. It is for this very reason why spring is the perfect time to start becoming healthier. After all, what could be more delicious than fresh spring produce.
It is also the time when most people start to think about summer and prepare to get themselves beach body ready. A great diet is one that consists of all the sustenance and nutrition that you need to be coupled without depriving yourself of the foods you enjoy. However, as the old saying goes, no pain no gain. Now, that doesn’t mean that weight loss shakes are a pain-filled option because they are not. It basically means that you have to have a little self-control to reach your body goals.
Spring offers up a bounty of delicious fruits and veggies, such as early apricots, greengages, rhubarb, and strawberries. These all make for perfect additions to your weight loss shake and add a healthy dose of fresh vitamins and minerals. Of course, you can always juice vegetables such as beets, carrots, and even nettles to add to your shake to make it as healthy and body-boosting as possible.
Most weight loss shakes already contain everything you need, so it’s not vital to add anything else to them. If you do choose to add to them, then you are also choosing to improve your vitamin, mineral, and antioxidant content. Spring is a delicate point of time, so a great shake will reflect this by opting for seasonal fruits and vegetables that reflect the season perfectly. Below is just one great spring shake recipe that I have to share with you.
Strawberry & Rhubarb Crumble Weight Loss Shake
- 1 fresh small beet
- 2 scoops of protein powder or weight loss shake
- 1 cup of strawberries
- 1 tbsp. of natural honey
- ½ cup of low-fat yogurt
- 1 cup of skimmed milk
- 2 stalks of stewed rhubarb
- ¼ cup of chopped almonds or hazelnuts
- Place the stewed rhubarb and small cooked beet into a blender and turn on to full power until it has a smooth and creamy consistency. This will resemble baby food in look and feel.
- Spoon in the natural honey and stir to mix thoroughly. After this, you want to scoop in the natural yogurt and strawberries and turn on the blender to mix it to a pale and luxurious paste.
- In a separate bowl, mix the protein powder with the milk and ensure it is fully dissolved. Pour this in with the rest of the ingredients and then turn on to mix.
- Lightly toast your chopped nuts to a crunchy and golden look and feel. Place them aside while you pour your weight loss shake into a large glass.
- Finally, add your chopped nuts to the top of the shake and enjoy!
This shake is absolutely delicious and packs a powerful punch when it comes to antioxidants and fiber. Beets help flush excess water from the body and rhubarb and strawberries are loaded with much-needed vitamins and minerals … and their much-desired flavors. In my opinion, fiber is one of the key players in weight loss as it rids the body of cravings for food by stabilizing blood sugar levels. Rhubarb is a fantastic source of Vitamin K, though mind you don’t eat the leaves as they are full of oleic acid, a harmful toxin.
Getting yourself ready for the heat of summer can be as simple as switching out one of your 3 main meals with a healthy weight loss shake. These are not only quick and convenient to make, but also allow you to actively reduce your calorie intake for steady weight loss. Forget starving yourself as this only leads to a vicious cycle of binge eating and fatigue. Remember, the key point is to enjoy your food in moderation and take advantage of the spring bounty that nature offers up. Who said that a weight loss shake had to be boring to shed off pounds?